Common Effluent Treatment Plant
Common Effluent Treatment Plant is the concept of treating effluents by means of a collective effort mainly for a cluster of small scale industrial units. This concept is similar to the concept of Municipal Corporation treating sewage of all the individual houses. The main objective of CETP is to reduce the treatment cost for individual units while protecting the environment.
- To achieve ‘Economics of scale’ in waste treatment, thereby reducing the cost of pollution abatement for individual factory.
- To minimise the problem of lack of technical assistance and trained personnel as fewer plants require fewer people.
- To solve the problem of lack of space as the centralized facility can be planned in advance to ensure that adequate space is available.
- To reduce the problems of monitoring for the pollution control boards.
- To organize the disposal of treated wastes and sludge and to improve the recycling and reuse possibilities.